Thursday 20 January 2011

I am NOT scene.

OhHaii ;D





So, something that really bothers me... Happens to be stereotyping. It bothers me 'coz it happens to me alot, and others too. So i've decided to blog a little about it.





We've all probably been stereotyped at one point or more (probably more) in our lives. I know i have. I get called things like emo, scene kid, goth, etc. Just because you look a certain way, listen to a certain type of music, BOOM. People have to go and stereotype you.





A few examples;





If you wear bright colours, listen to bands like Brokencyde, Millionaires, Blood on the dancefloor, (I actually like them, soo) or shit like that, you're considered to be a scene kid.





If you wear all black, listen to my chemical romance, paramore, 30stm, you have hair that is black and covers one eye, you're considered emo.





If you wear trackies, listen to rap, bla bla bla, you're considered a chav.





To be really honest, stereotyping pisses me off so much. You really shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. Just coz someone dresses a certain way, or listens to a certain type of music, doesn't mean you have to be like "Yeah, whatta emo." or "Eww, chav. BRUUP." People have the right to be different without being tagged by others.





I mean, i had bright red hair, skinny jeans, purple and white hoodie, and i got people coming up to me and being like "OMG Jamie you're like, such a scene kid." Obviously, i yelled at them and told them to fuck off 'coz i hate being stereotyped xD But yeah. I'll dress the way i want. I'll have my hair how i want it. I'll listen to what i want. It doesn't make me a certain stereotype. It makes me Jamie. I'm myself and that's all i can and want to be. :)


Thanks for listening ;D

Buh byee :3

JamieInsanity

No comments:

Post a Comment